FleetSoft responds to their customer's requests by developing the Truck Tracker Mobile Field Service Order Module.
Truck Tracker's Mobile Field Service Order Module provides communication between driver and dispatcher using UDP protocol. This protocol utilizes a very small packet size which maintains a low cost data usage.
The dispatcher sends scheduled time, project ID, address, job description, and notes to a driver's laptop. The driver completes the service and sends miles, hours, and notes by vehicle and project ID to the Truck Tracker server. The information is used to calculate the vehicle cost per project ID using the given miles/hours entered by the driver.
Some key features included in the Mobile Field Service Order Module are¦.
· Uses very small packet size maintaining low cost data usage
· Performs well over satellite and/or cellular
· Passes service order data to the trucks and have them respond
· Queues up work as it comes into the vehicle's computer
· Validates receipt of communications
· Sends data to drivers if they are disconnected and reconnected
· Ability for drivers to update data if dispatchers are disconnected
· Stores mobile data in case it is disconnected for extended period of time
· Manages dynamic client IP address on the server
· Shows company logo on application
· Plays sound alert when new message arrives on mobile client
· Easy to use interface
This mobile application saves time and reduces paperwork. It also reduces the need for double data entry minimizing data entry errors. Reliable communication is established between the dispatcher and vehicles.
The Truck Tracker Mobile Field Service Order Module is just the beginning of a suite of mobile applications to be released by FleetSoft in the near future.
Fleetsoft is celebrating ten years of successfully helping companies to organize, optimize, and reduce overall operating costs, within their fleet operations. Why has Fleetsoft been the leading fleet maintenance solution of choice? Four basic principles: Simplicity, Dependability, Accuracy, and Scalability. With these basic principles in place, we have experienced unprecedented growth and are now the fleet maintenance solution of choice in 26 different countries.
To celebrate this success, Modern Business Computing will label the Truck Tracker product line under its newly formed company FleetSoft. FleetSoft, will head up all future development, sales, and support for the Fleetsoft product line. FleetSoft like Modern Business Computing believes strongly in employing its developers, support staff, and consultants. We do not believe in outsourcing development, support, or sales to handle the high demands of our clients. Effective January 1, 2007 Truck Tracker will be sold and supported under the FleetSoft name. Existing customers can expect the same high quality of customer service and of continued product development as they did with Modern Business Computing.